Culinary Carrie: Garlic Head Shrimp Boats
|Hardboiled eggs||12 Medium|
|Shrimp||16 Small, boiled, shelled & finely chopped (Finely chopped)|
|Mayonnaise||10 Tablespoon (1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons)|
|Cream cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Spicy garlic sauce||2 Tablespoon (spicy Garlic Head sauce)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|For the garnish|
|Green onion||3 Medium, chopped finely|
|Paprika||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
1. Clean, shell and devein the shrimps, chip the shrimps and reserve 4 chopped shrimps for garnish.
2. Mince the garlic and chop the green onions.
3. In a pot of boiling water boil the eggs for 20 minutes or until it reaches a hard cooked stage.
4. Once done remove and peel off the shell, and cut the eggs into half lengthwise, remove the yolks and keep it in a bowl.
5. Keep the egg whites separate for later use.
6. In a food processor or blender, blend the yolks along with mayonnaise, cream cheese, garlic head paste, minced garlic and salt.
7. Add the chopped shrimps and blend until you get a smooth consistency. Use the reserve shrimps for garnish.
8. Fill the mixture in a pastry bag and pipe the mixture in the reserved egg whites boat.
9. Garnish with chopped shrimp, green onion and, of course, a sprinkle of paprika.
10. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
11. Serve it like an appetizer.
Calories 258 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.4%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 305.8 mg101.9%
Sodium 368.3 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 15 g29.6%
Vitamin A 53.6% Vitamin C 41.1%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet