Old-fashioned deviled eggs are just perfect for picnics and light, summertime lunches. Plus, Jo Ann shares her favorite tip for filling the eggs in a jiffy!
4 Medium, hard-boiled, peeled and halved
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, melted
1 Teaspoon (for garnishing)
2 Teaspoon, cooked
1⁄4 Teaspoon, chopped
1. Peel and slice the eggs into halves.
2. In a bowl, place the scooped egg yolks.
3. Arrange the egg whites on a serving platter and set aside.
4. Mash the yolks well with a fork.
5. Add the remaining ingredients except paprika and mix well.
6. Spoon this egg mixture into the egg whites or pipe them into the eggs.
7. Before serving the eggs sprinkle the yolk mixture with paprika and serve.
You can also add minced onion.
The above video doubles the ingredients listed. You can also double the number of ingredients as per your demand.
If you like to make this dish spicy, add in hot sauce or horseradish sauce.
You can also garnish it with chopped crispy bacon and chives.