Poaching eggs can be rather tricky. But, once you get the hang of them they are not hard to make at all.
4 Cup (64 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. In a deep skillet heat the water. Add the vinegar and salt and mix. Bring water to a soft simmer.
2. Place your egg in a ramekin. Slowly add it to the pan. Allow egg to cook without touching it.
3. Gently make sure it is not sticking to the bottom of your pan.
4. Remove egg with slotted spoon. If using immediately, pat dry with a paper towel and use otherwise place egg in ice water to stop the cooking process.
5. To use it, reheat water and bring to a simmer again.
6. Gently place the cooked eggs into the hot water. Heat for a minute. Remove; pat dry with a paper towel and use.
7. On a serving plate, serve the poached egg on toast or as Egg Benedict.