This video is part of "A Bachelor's Breakfast in Bed" which I cooked for my sleepover guest. The dish, shakshuka, originates in the Middle East. Some say Morocco. Some say Algiers. You might know it as a variation of huevos ranchero. Eggs cooked in a spicy tomato sauce. When you cook for yourself you can Save Money, Eat Healthier, Live Greener and Have Fun!
4 , slice
1 Small, chop
1 , chop
1 Can (10 oz)
4 Ounce, chop
1. In a pan, heat the olive oil and garlic.
2. Add the onions and jalapenos and stir.
3. Add the tomato and cook.
4. Add the parsley and basil and continue to stir.
5. Add salt and pepper.
6. Next, add the tomato paste and stir and cover for 5-6 minutes.
7. Add the eggs into the pan without crowding it.
8. Cover and let this cook for few minutes. Tap the egg and make sure it's not wobbly then it's cooked.
9. Plate and serve as breakfast with toast.