This simple recipe and technique will produce the classic breakfast favorite. Chef Keith Snow demonstrates this simple technique in this short video.
|Clarified butter/Butter||1 Dash|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch , freshly crushed (as needed, to taste)|
|Gruyere cheese||1 Tablespoon , shredded (as needed)|
1) In a non-stick pan, add a dash of clarified butter over a medium heat.
2) In a bowl, crack the eggs and add into the pan.
3) Sprinkle with the kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
4) Allow the eggs to cook for a while, then flip over and sprinkle with gruyere cheese.
5) Cook for a few more seconds until the cheese is slightly melted.
6) Slide the eggs on toasted bread slices and serve immediately with a glass of milk for breakfast.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 209Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 440 mg18.33%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.3%
Dietary Fiber %
Protein 17 g34%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet