This simple recipe and technique will produce the classic breakfast favorite. Chef Keith Snow demonstrates this simple technique in this short video.
1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)
1 Pinch, freshly crushed (as needed, to taste)
1 Tablespoon, shredded (as needed)
1) In a non-stick pan, add a dash of clarified butter over a medium heat.
2) In a bowl, crack the eggs and add into the pan.
3) Sprinkle with the kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
4) Allow the eggs to cook for a while, then flip over and sprinkle with gruyere cheese.
5) Cook for a few more seconds until the cheese is slightly melted.
6) Slide the eggs on toasted bread slices and serve immediately with a glass of milk for breakfast.