A great homemade treat for Easter. Super easy and delicious.
Creamy peanut butter
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine confectioner's sugar, peanut butter, butter and milk until blended.
3. Shape mixture into two ½ pound eggs or make 4-6 smaller eggs.
4. Freeze eggs for 1 hour on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
5. Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate and shortening until smooth and creamy.
6. Using a fork dip the eggs into the chocolate and cover completely.
7. Place back on the wax paper lined cookie sheet. At this point, if you want to use sprinkles to decorate, sprinkle the eggs.
8. Place in the refrigerator to let the chocolate harden.
9. When the eggs are cooled and set, decorate the eggs with names, bunnies or flowers to look like Easter eggs, and serve.