1. Take the egg out of the fridge 20 minutes before cooking and break into a teacup, removing an unwanted shell.
2. Into a heavy-bottomed, non-stick frying pan pour oil and heat until the oil is hot enough to sizzle when the egg is added.
3. Carefully slide the egg from the teacup into the frying pan. The egg white should start to solidify immediately.
4. Using a fish slice, flick a little hot oil onto your egg from time to time.
5. When the fried egg is cooked to your liking, lift it from the frying pan using a fish slice, drain away any excess oil and serve immediately.