Ramona Werst shares her recipe for Real Texas Devil's own Deviled Eggs and shows how to make them.
4 Large, hard boiled
100 Gram (ready made)
Hatch peppers/Chilli peppers
1 Teaspoon, dried and ground
50 Gram, ground to a smooth paste
Red parika flakes
1. In a saucepan filled with water, lay the eggs in a single layer. Ensure that the level of water remains at least an inch above them.
2. Place the saucepan over medium high heat and bring the water to a boil. When the water begins to boil, turn off the heat.
3. With a lid, cover the sauce pan and leave it undisturbed for 15 minutes.
4. Refresh the hard boiled eggs, with cold water and peel them.
5. Cut the hard boiled eggs into two halves.
6. Scoop the eggs yolks out and keep them aside, for making the filling.
7. Place the egg whites in a deviled eggs dish.
8. In a large bowl, mix the egg yolks with the mayonnaise, yellow mustard, Hatch peppers and jalapeno paste , using a fork or a blender.
9. Fill the egg yolks mixture, into the egg whites.
10. Sprinkle a pinch of smoked red paprika flakes, on the top of each of the devilled eggs.
11. Cover with a cling film and refrigerate overnight.
12. Serve as a starter, on a bed of fresh lettuce leaves, with a tangy tomato salsa dip.