The perfect hard boiled eggs peels easily and has a fluffy, yellow yolk (none of that pal green/ gummy yolks and rubbery whites) Here is how make hard boiled eggs that come out beautifully every time!
5 Cup (80 tbs) (or more)
1. In a large pot put eggs carefully in a single layer.
2. Fill the pot with cold water until it covers the eggs by 1 inch and bring to a strong, rolling boil.
3. Boil for 2-3 minutes (time this so that you don’t overcook the eggs) and remove pot from heat and cover.
4. Let the eggs sit in the hot water covered for 10-15 minutes. They will continue cooking.
5. Drain off the water and change cold water a few times.
6. Let the eggs sit in the cold water to cool off (Ice can be added to speed up cooling).
7. Peel the eggs starting at the bottom (widest part). There is a small air pocket there.
8. Roll the egg on it’s side to loosen the peel all around. Peel completely.
9. In a serving plate, serve the eggs warm with any dish of choice or use it to make salads or any other recipe.
Hard boiled eggs are a great source or protein but they have to made just right. Monique has a sure fire way of creating the perfect hard boiled egg. Take a look at the video to learn how to boil eggs perfectly.