1. In a sauté pan, heat the oil on medium high. When hot, add the diced sweet potatoes and sauté on medium heat, until golden brown and crispy on the outside and almost tender on the inside, about 10 minutes
2. Add the sliced onion and green peppers and sauté until onions is soft, about 4 minutes
3. Add the turkey bacon and cook until brown and crispy.
4. Finally add the egg substitute to finish off the dish. Scramble the eggs and cook just until soft and fluffy.
5. Dish out and serve immediately while egg is soft and fluffy.
6. Accompany with whole wheat toast if you like
Breakfast will become a favorite meal with this hash and scrambled egg skillet. The traditional version consists of white potatoes, whole eggs, bacon and butter. Chef Binks recreates his favorite, “jafafa” as he likes to call it, with a few simple substitutions such as sweet potato, turkey bacon and egg substitute. The classic is improved, with a fluffier texture and more pronounced flavor and thrice healthier! Whipped up in a single skillet, it’s got protein, good fats, slow releasing carbs, fiber and vita