1. In an immersion blender cup, gently place egg yolk, salt, sugar, white vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard powder at the bottom.
2. Gently pour the oil over these ingredients, making sure the egg yolk and vinegar settle at the bottom.
3. Lower the immersion blender straight down the middle (touching the bottom) and begin pulsing the blender until the mayonnaise begins to form.
4. Slowly move the immersion blender up and down, no more than an inch, to blend the rest of the oil into the ingredients. Scrape off any mayonnaise that gets caught in the blades.
4. Serve mayonnaise with sandwiches or use to dress your favorite chicken salad!
You know how sometimes you want to make yourself a quick sandwich, and you think you have all the ingredients, but then realize you are out of mayonnaise? You need not rush to the supermarket for a bottle of mayo cause you can make it at home in less than 5 minutes.