Avocado and Egg Bake
|Eggs||6 , separated|
|Toasted bread crumbs||6 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , finely minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||4 Tablespoon|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Melted margarine/Butter||1 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) With melted margarine, brush 6 individual heatproof dishes and then evenly coat them with 4 tablespoons of bread crumbs. Set aside.
3) In a skillet, heat the oil and add the onion and garlic (if using). Gently cook for about 3 to 4 minutes till the onion is tender but not colored.
4) Set aside for about 5 minutes and allow to cool down.
5) Halve the avocado and remove the seed.
6) Scoop out the flesh and put it in a bowl. Mash with the help of a fork to a puree and beat in the parsley and egg yolks. Add the cooled onion and seasoning to taste and mix well.
7) Beat the egg whites till they are stiff and standing in peaks. Fold them into the avocado mixture.
8) Into the prepared dishes, pile the mixture and scatter the remaining crumbs all over the top.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
10) With cheese, sprinkle the top of the now rising mixture and return to the oven for another 15 minutes, till the tops are well risen and golden in color.
11) Serve the preparation freshly baked and piping hot. Makes a good appetizer.