Crispy Egg White Rolls
|Bread flour/All purpose flour||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Rapid rise yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 packages)|
|Butter/Shortening||3 Tablespoon, melted (at room temperature)|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) In a mixing bowl or food-processor bowl, mix together 3 cups of flour, yeast, sugar, salt and butter or shortening.
2) Add the hot water and mix thoroughly.
3) In a different bowl, whip the egg whites still they are firm but not very stiff or standing in peaks.
4) Fold the whites into the dough.
5) Add just enough flour, ½ cup at a time, to make a soft dough.
6) Knead the dough till it is elastic and very smooth.
7) Shape the dough into a ball.
8) In an oiled bowl, turn the ball and cover with plastic wrap, or put the dough in an oiled plastic bag.
9) Let the dough rise, uncovered, in a warm place till it has doubled in volume.
10) Pull of the dough into egg-sized pieces and roll them into balls.
11) On greased baking sheets, place the dough balls, leaving appropriate place to rise.
12) Leave in a warm place till the dough balls have risen and are double in volume (about 45 minutes).
13) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
14) Bake the dough balls on the middle rack of the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, till they are golden brown in color.
15) Place on a wire rack and cool.
16) Place the rolls on a serving plate and serve warm, at room temperature or even chilled. To store the rolls, place them in the freezer and when ready to use, simply thaw and reheat in a 350 degrees oven for 15 minutes.