Neapolitan Peas and Eggs
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce (2 cans, 8 ounce each)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||20 Ounce (1 bag)|
1) Take a large skillet and heat oil in it. Add onion and saute until tender.
2) Add water and tomato sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Add pepper and peas.
4) Cook mixture over high heat until peas get thawed and separated.
5) Reduce heat and continue cooking.
6) Break eggs with great care, one at a time, into the pea mixture.
7) Cover tightly and simmer for about 5-10 minutes or until eggs are cooked to the desired degree of doneness.
8) Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve hot.