Neapolitan Peas and Eggs
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce (2 cans, 8 ounce each)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||20 Ounce (1 bag)|
1) Take a large skillet and heat oil in it. Add onion and saute until tender.
2) Add water and tomato sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Add pepper and peas.
4) Cook mixture over high heat until peas get thawed and separated.
5) Reduce heat and continue cooking.
6) Break eggs with great care, one at a time, into the pea mixture.
7) Cover tightly and simmer for about 5-10 minutes or until eggs are cooked to the desired degree of doneness.
8) Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve hot.
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.7%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 264.3 mg88.1%
Sodium 256.2 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 17 g33.7%
Vitamin A 76.5% Vitamin C 68.5%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet