|Arrowroot starch||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||2 Teaspoon|
|Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
2) Lightly grease a shallow baking tray.
3) In a bowl, rub margarine and sugar, together until soft and fluffy.
4) Whisk continuously and add 1 egg yolk at a time alternating with milk and essence, and mix until smooth paste.
5) Over the margarine mixture sift together arrowroot, flour and baking powder.
6) Whisk vigorously until well mixed.
7) Transfer the flour mixture into pans.
8) Bake in the moderate oven until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9) Remove from the oven and allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes.
10) Turn out on a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
11) Slice the sponge in squares and decorate as desired and serve.