Stuffed Marrow Rings
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and finely chopped|
|Sausage meat||500 Gram|
|Hard-boiled egg||1 , chopped|
|Mixed herbs||1 1⁄2 Pinch (A Large Pinch)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Marrow||1 , peeled|
|Brown stock/Water and 1/2 stock cube||450 Milliliter, hot|
|Cornflour||30 Milliliter (2 Spoons)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) Heat the lard in the cooker and gently fry the onion and sausagemeat until both are just beginning to colour.
3) Lift out and drain well.
4) Drain off excess lard from the cooker.
5) Add the egg, herbs, salt and pepper to the sausagemeat and onion and mix well.
6)Cut the marrow into 5 cm/2 inch thick rings.
7)Use a vegetable peeler or grapefruit knife to remove the seeds carefully without breaking the flesh.
8) Fill each cavity with the meat filling, packing it well down.
9) Put the stock or water and stock cube into the cooker with the trivet.
10) Stand the filled marrow rings on the trivet.
11) Close the cooker, bring to H pressure and cook for 5 minutes.
Reduce the pressure quickly.
12) Lift out the marrow to a warmed dish and keep hot.
13) Remove the trivet and return the open cooker to the heat.
14) Add the cornflour blended with a little cold water.
15) Bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
16) Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary.
17) Serve the marrows with sauce poured over them.