ChocÃ³ Cherry Ice Box Layer Cake
|Grated chocolate||2 Tablespoon (plain or bitter)|
|Icing sugar||6 Ounce|
|Coffee essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Plain cake finger||1 (dry or stale, chocolate, spice, Madeira, sponge, etc. not fruit cake)|
1. Prepare an oblong foil freezer pan by lining it with a layer of foil.
2. Sprinkle the grated chocolate over the foil layer and then cut the cherries to place them over the foil paper. The cut side should be placed upward. This is because the tops of the cherries should be seen when the cake is unmoulded.
3. In a large bowl, cream the margarine and then add the sifted icing sugar in to the bowl and then cream this together.
4. Sift the cocoa and then mix into the butter mixture along with the cream to blend well.
5. Pour the mixture on top of the grated chocolate and spread it out with a flat wooden spoon to make a smooth layer.
6. Lay down a layer of cake fingers side by side on top of the cream and continue this layering process till all of the layers are used up.
7. Cover the cake tightly with foil, and freeze.
8. Serve chilled