Breaded Scotch Eggs
|Sausage meat||12 Ounce|
|Egg||1 (for coating)|
|Milk||3 Tablespoon (for coating)|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fat||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (for deep frying)|
1. In a pan, hard boil 4 eggs. Keep it aside to cool.
2. Shell and roll it lightly in flour.
3. Make four portions of the sausage meat and press it over the 4 lightly floured eggs.
4. In a bowl, breaks eggs. Add milk and beat it together.
5. Roll the sausage meat with this eggs and milk mixture.
6. Then roll it in breadcrumbs.
7. In a pan, take fat and heat it.
8. Fry the roll in fat and drain excess oil.
9. Remember to give ample time to sausage meat to cook.
10. Halve the Scotch egg with the help of a sharp knife dipped in hot water.
11. If serving Scotch Eggs hot, serve with tomato sauce and if cold, with a salad.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1845 Calories from Fat 1344
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 149 g229.4%
Saturated Fat 48.2 g240.8%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 1334 mg444.7%
Sodium 2608.9 mg108.7%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 88 g176.4%
Vitamin A 30.4% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 23.5% Iron 56.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet