Baked Egg And Milk Custard
|Milk/Evaporated milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Use a 2 cup glass measure to measure out the milk. In a microwave, scald milk on (high) for 3-4 minutes.
2. Use another 2 qt. glass dish, to boil 1 1/2 cups water on (high) 3 for minutes.
3. Beat eggs lightly and then add sugar, salt and vanilla and beat again. Tip this mixture into a 1 qt. glass casserole
4. Blend in milk and slowly place the custard mixture in dish with hot water to thicken. Sprinkle with nutmeg and microwave on (high) for 5-7 minutes. Make sure that the dish is rotated 1/4 turn halfway through cooking so that is cooks through
5. Serve chilled or at room temperature