Curried Eggs With Rice
|Rice||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked|
|Butter||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Apple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Plain flour||2 Ounce (60 Grams)|
|Curry powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon (Or As Required)|
1) In a saucepan, cover the eggs with cold water, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
2) Then crack the shells and quickly place them in cold water to prevent the yolks from discolouring.
3) When the eggs are cool enough to handle, shell and halve lengthwise.
3) In a saucepan, saute the apple and onion in butter until both are soft.
4) Blend in the flour and curry powder, then cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5) Pour in the milk and stir until the sauce comes to a boil and acquires a thick consistency.
6) Season with the salt, sugar, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce, if desired to taste.
7) Allow to simmer over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
8) Gently fold the egg halves into the curry sauce and heat thoroughly.
9) Cooked the rice as per package directions and drain thoroughly.
10) Transfer the rice into the serving dish and spoon over the curried eggs.
11) Garnish the Curried Eggs with Rice with a few lemon wedges and parsley sprigs and serve hot.