Eggs in Buttercups
|Fresh bread slices||12|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fried bacon bits||1 Tablespoon (crisp)|
1. Remove crusts from the bread. Keep the crusts aside to be used later.
2. Pre-heat the oven at 400°.
3. Butter the bread slices.
4. In the muffin pans, place the bread slices.
5. Bake it in a hot oven at 400° for 20 minutes.
6. In a bowl, break the eggs. Beat it with a fork or knife for one minute or until it is fluffy.
7. Add the rest of the ingredients, that is, salt, pepper, cream and most of the bacon bits.
8. Grease a skillet and pour the above egg mixture.
9. Heat it over a low flame ensuring that the eggs are cooked completely. Lift the egg mix occasionally with a spatula to let the uncooked portion run underneath for cooking.
10. Place the above mixture within the bread slices such that it looks like toast cups.
11. Serve Eggs in Buttercups immediately garnished with bacon bits.
Calories 439 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 454.2 mg151.4%
Sodium 1691 mg70.5%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 21 g42.3%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 0.15%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 22.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet