Deviled Eggs Supreme
|Hard cooked eggs||8 , shelled|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pimiento||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Process gruyere cheese||6 Ounce, shredded (1 package)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Envelope of instant chicken broth||1 (1 teaspoon)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/2 stick)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for 1/2 cup|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sifted|
|Ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 package)|
|Hot cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Halve eggs lengthwise, remove yolks and press through coarse sieve into small bowl.
2. Blend in mayonnaise or salad dressing 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, dry mustard, 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper, chopped pimiento and 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese and pile into egg-white halves.
3. Cook peas, as per label directions, drain and reserve.
4. Dissolve instant chicken broth in boiling water and reserve for next step.
5. In a medium-size saucepan melt butter or margarine and saute onion until tender, about 5 minutes.
6. Stir in flour, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining pepper, curry and ground ginger.
7. Cook stirring constantly just until bubbly.
8. Stir in dissolved chicken broth and milk and continue cooking and stirring until sauce thickens and bubbles 1 minute.
9. Remove from heat, stir in remaining cheese until melted and add peas.
10. To serve heat a serving dish, spoon hot cooked rice spoon sauce over and arrange around edge of dish.