Devils Food Cookies
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Cocoa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Marshmallows||20 Large, cut in half|
|For chocolate frosting(see below)|
|Semi sweet chocolate morsels||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sifted powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
2. In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar, beating well.
3. Break in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and vanilla extract, mix well; add to creamed mixture, beating well.
5. Add in vanilla and butter flavoring.
6. Chill dough at least 30 minutes.
7. Turn the dough into 1-inch balls; place on greased cookie sheets.
8. Bake for 8 minutes.
9. Keep one marshmallow half on top of each cookie; bake an additional 2 minutes.
10. Take away from oven and cool on wire racks.
11. TO MAKE CHOCOLATE FROSTING: Combine chocolate, milk and butter in a saucepan; cook, stirring constantly, over low heat, until chocolate melts.
12. Put in powdered sugar, beating until smooth.
13. Pour in additional milk, if needed, for proper spreading consistency.
14. Cover the cookies with Chocolate Frosting.
15. Serve as needed.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5019 Calories from Fat 1600
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 182 g280.2%
Saturated Fat 70.7 g353.5%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 493.1 mg164.4%
Sodium 2655.4 mg110.6%
Total Carbohydrates 857 g285.5%
Dietary Fiber 45.9 g183.6%
Sugars 573.5 g
Protein 63 g126.9%
Vitamin A 25.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 31.9% Iron 161.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet