Cheddar Egg Cups
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||1 Drop|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped and cooked|
|Soft bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a medium-size saucepan melt butter or margarine, stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, just until bubbly.
2. Continue cooking mixing in milk and liquid red pepper seasoning stirring constantly until sauce thickens and boils for 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat and stir in three fourths of the cheese until melted.
4. Among four 6-ounce custard cups divide ham evenly and top with cheese sauce.
5. Into a saucedish, break each egg then slide into cheese sauce in cups and sprinkle with bread crumbs and remaining grated cheese.
6. Bake in slow oven (325°) 20 minutes or until egg yolks are as firm as desired.
7. Serve Cheddar Egg Cups hot with grated melted cheese on the top.
Calories 506 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.1%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 308.8 mg102.9%
Sodium 373.4 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.27 g1.1%
Sugars 21.3 g
Protein 32 g63.7%
Vitamin A 20.2% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 60.3% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet