Scotch Eggs With Beef
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped to make 1/4 cup|
|Bottled steak sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hard-cooked eggs||6 , shelled|
|Raw egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Cornflake crumbs||10 Ounce (2/3 Cup / 1 Package)|
|Vegetable shortening/Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
1. In a bowl mix ground beef lightly with onion, steak sauce, salt, pepper and milk until well blended.
2. Divide meat mixture evenly into 6 mounds, shape each around a hard-cooked egg to cover completely and make an oval shape.
3. Brush each meat roll with beaten egg and roll in corn-flake crumbs to coat well.
4. Melt enough vegetable shortening or pour in vegetable oil to make a 2-inch depth in a deep saucepan and heat to 325°.
5. Fry meat rolls, 2 or 3 at a time, turning once or twice, 5 minutes until crispy-brown.
6. Lift out with a slotted spoon, drain on paper toweling and keep hot.
7. When all are cooked' cut each in half lengthwise.
8. Place on a heated serving platter and serve.