Japanese Inspired Eggs Benedict Recipe
|Egg yolks||4 Medium|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wasabi||1 Tablespoon (Fresh wasabi used)|
|Onigiri||2 Medium (Japanese rice balls)|
|Salmon filet||1 Medium (Grilled or broiled)|
|Vinegar||1 Teaspoon (For poaching the egg)|
|Chives||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
1. Take a blender and add egg yolks, dijon mustard, lemon juice and sake and blend on low. To this mixture add fresh wasabi.
2. Meanwhile in a heated pan melt a cup of butter.
3. Turn the blender to high and gradually add in the butter to make an emulsion. The Hollandaise sauce is ready.
4. Take 2 molded Onigiri (in the shape of English muffins) and toast it lightly over a heated pan till golden brown.
5. In a pot of boiling with a little vinegar in it, poach a fresh egg.
6. Take the grilled or broiled salmon fillet and flake it out and place it on top of the Onigiri. Put the poached egg right on top of the salmon and then drizzle the prepared Hollandaise sauce over it.
7. Serve by sprinkling some chopped chives over the Japanese version of Eggs Benedict!
Calories 1219 Calories from Fat 955
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g166.5%
Saturated Fat 62.6 g313.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 728.3 mg242.8%
Sodium 173.7 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.82 g3.3%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 53 g105%
Vitamin A 70.9% Vitamin C 21.6%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet