Margarine- 2 tablespoons
Milk- 1/4 cup
Flour- 2 tablespoons
Hoop Cheese- 1 pound, cut into chunks
Dry Sherry- 1/2 cup
Tabasco- 1 dash
Paprika- 1 dash
White Vinegar- 2 teaspoon
Salt- to taste
Pepper- to taste
Eggs- 8 nos.
Muffins- 8 nos., sliced horizontally
Parsley- 1 teaspoon, chopped
Pimento- 1 tablespoon, cut in juliennes
1) In a saucepan, melt butter and margarine.
2) Stir in the flour, and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
3) Taking care not to brown the flour.
4) Gently stream in the milk and cook for 2 minutes more.
5) Stir in the cheese chunks into the white sauce mixture.
6) Allow cheese the cheese to melt completely.
7) Add sherry slowly, and stirring constantly.
8) Sprinkle salt, pepper, paprika and Tabaco to taste.
9) In a shallow saucepan, heat water to a boil and stir in vinegar.
10) Lower the heat to simmer and poach the eggs.
11) Place the poached eggs on muffins and top with sauce.
12) Garnish with parsley and strips of pimento and serve hot.