It's easy to poach an egg when you follow these simple steps. Everyone has their own technique, so here is mine for perfectly poached eggs, every time!
1 Medium, fresh (pasteurized)
White wine vinegar
1⁄2 Teaspoon (a splash)
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1. Crack open the egg in a small cup.
2. In a sauce pan, heat water and let it just come to a simmer prior to a boil.
3. When bubbles start to form add a dash of vinegar and stir it in creating a whirlpool effect in the water.
4. Pour in the egg in the centre of the pan and let it cook for 3 minutes.
5. With a slotted spoon take it out and drain on a paper towel.
6. Serve as a part of Eggs Benedict for breakfast or use it to top a salad.
Eggs can be poached ahead and stored in the refrigerator for future use. Drain them in an ice bath to stop the cooking immediately and wash off the vinegar before refrigerating it. Just simmer for 30 seconds before you are ready to serve them again.
If you are one of those who never get a poached egg right, you are in the right place. This video enumerates the simple yet skillful task of poaching an egg to its soft and fluffy white cloud like avatar. A good way to perk up your breakfast menu, poached eggs always adds that extra oomph to a lot of dishes.