Green Eggs and Ham
|Spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm), rinsed and trimmed|
|Sorrel||1 Bunch (100 gm), rinsed and trimmed|
|Lean ham||4 Ounce, sliced into strips|
|Hard-boiled eggs||3 , quartered|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm), rinsed and trimmed|
|Chives||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm), rinsed and chopped|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
1) On each plate, place some spinach and sorrel leaves and top with ham and eggs.
2) In a saucepan, add 1 teaspoon oil and heat.
3) Add in the remaining spinach and sorrel, watercress and chives.
4) Place lid over pan and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
5) Vigorously shaking pan several times while cooking to avoid sticking.
6) When greens are limp but still bright green, add in a blender with remaining oil and half the walnuts, and 1 to 2 tablespoons water (as required) and blend till smooth.
7) Add over the salad and top with remaining walnuts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 952 Calories from Fat 671
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g117.3%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 775.1 mg258.4%
Sodium 1835.4 mg76.5%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.8 g47.2%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 50 g99.4%
Vitamin A 353.4% Vitamin C 338.9%
Calcium 48.2% Iron 61.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet