Basic For Plain Omelets
1. Keep the pan ready along with the ingredients and dish for serving.
2. In a basin break one egg at a time and add salt, pepper or sugar and water.
3. Mix parsley, grated onion or herbs.
4. Mix eggs with a fork without beating until they are firm.
5. In a frying pan heat butter until light brown.
6. Pour the egg mixture into it and as it begins to set move the liquid mixture across the bottom of pan with fork using the left hand for motion. 2 egg omelet will take 1-1 1/2 minutes to cook.
7. When the egg is firm but still soft and creamy, smooth the top and loosen the edges. Tilt the pan and jerk it sharply to make it half moon shape.
8. Slid the palette knife under the top half and roll into shape.
9. Heat the pan over heat to brown the underneath and turn out into a hot dish keeping the brown side uppermost.
10. To prepare a filled omelet, lay the filling on half omelet before folding it.
11. Slide onto a serving plate and serve immediately.
Calories 9 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.96 g1.5%
Saturated Fat 0.61 g3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.5 mg0.8%
Sodium 41.5 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 0.22 g0.07%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0.01%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 0.01 g0.03%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 0.03% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet