Leeks and Eggs in Balsamic Vinaigette
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Leeks||2 Large, split lengthwise|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped italian flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Roquefort cheese||2 Tablespoon, crumbled|
1. Preheat over to 350°F.
2. Lightly brush the leeks with olive oil and set in a baking pan cut-sides down.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine together the remaining oil with vinegar; mix well.
4. Pour the mixture over leeks, cover, and bake for about 25 minutes, until leeks are tender.
5. Break an egg into each end of pan; sprinkle herbs and cheese over and return to oven.
6. Bake for about 6 minutes until eggs are cooked; bake for 10 minutes for firm eggs.
7. Arrange the dish on a serving platter and garnish with parsley; serve immediately.
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.5 mg37.5%
Sodium 192.8 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 43.6% Vitamin C 29.9%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet