Deviled Eggs Chaudfroid
|Eggs||9 Large, hard cooked and shelled|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Stuffed olives||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For chaudfroid sauce|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Ounce (2 Envelopes)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Condensed chicken broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pimiento stuffed olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut in half lengthwise (black)|
|Baby carrots||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Zucchini||16 Ounce (2 In Number)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, washed and sliced|
|Bottled italian dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Romaine leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped (Crisp Ones)|
1) To prepare deviled eggs, halve eggs lengthwise. Remove the yolks.
2) In a medium bowl, press the 8 yolks through sieve.
3) Mix butter, chopped olives, Worcestershire and pepper and mix with a fork.
4) Spoon the egg whites with yolk mixture and even with a spatula.
5) Press the 2 halves together and refrigerate on rack for 1 hour.
6) To prepare Chaudfroid Sauce, in a small saucepan add 1/2 cup water and sprinkle gelatin over it.
7) Let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
8) Mix water to chicken broth to make PA cups.
9) Add it with wine to gelatin.
10) Heat and stir over medium heat until gelatin dissolves.
11) Keep aside 3/4 cup clear glaze.
12) In a medium bowl, mix remaining gelatine mixture and mayonnaise.
13) Put it on a large bowl of ice water and chill for 10 minutes.
14) Arrange the eggs on a tray.
15) Spoon 2 tablespoons sauce over each egg and coat completely.
16) Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
17) Take out the eggs from refrigerator and scrape the excess sauce from tray.
18) Reheat again and chill. Repeat glazing.
19) Chill till the coating sets.
20) To make the decorations, cut pimiento and olives with small aspic cutter or sharp knife.
21) Chill remaining glaze to thick consistency.
22) Dip pimiento and olive shapes in the glaze and decorate on the top of eggs.
23) Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
24) Reheat the clear glaze and chill again.
25) Spoon the chilled glaze over the eggs.
26) Refrigerate until ready to serve.
27) To prepare vegetables, wash and pare carrots. Wash zucchini.
28) Cut into strips, 1/4 inch wide and 3 inches long.
29) Take a medium skillet with tight-fitting cover, add 2 cups water and salt. Bring to boil.
30) Mix carrots and cook covered over medium heat for 10 minutes.
31) Mix zucchini, cover and cook for 5 minutes till done.
32) Drain and cool for 20 minutes.
33) In a large bowl put cooked vegetables and mushrooms.
34) Mix dressing and toss gently.
35) Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
36) Line serving dish with romaine.
37) Put eggs and vegetables in separately.