|Bread slice||1 (1/4 Inch Thick)|
1. Prepare toast, trim edges if liked, apply butter over it and keep it hot.
2. Take a frying pan, half fill with water, allow it come to a boil, then lower heat so that water is only simmering very gently.
3. In a cup, break the egg and slowly drop it in water. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, basting with water.
4. Gently, remove from water and drain on a perforated fish slice.
5. Serve the egg on hot buttered toast.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 354 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.4%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g85.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 276 mg92%
Sodium 219.3 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.68 g2.7%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 9 g17.5%
Vitamin A 19.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.3% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet