|Sausage meat||4 Ounce|
|Egg||2 (to coat)|
|Raspings||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (to coat)|
|Fat||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Watercress/Green salad||3 (for serving)|
1. Hard boil eggs and allow to cool; shell.
2. Divide sausage meat in two; place on a lightly floured board and press each piece out to a round about 3 in. wide. Take care not to get flour on upper side of sausage meat.
3. Coat eggs in sausage meat, keeping the floured side outside. Shape neatly.
4. Brush the coated eggs with beaten egg; toss in raspings. Reshape eggs if necessary.
5. In a frying pan, fry eggs gently in deep fat at hazing point, for 5 to 10 minutes, until sausage meat is cooked.
6. Remov eand drain well on absorbent paper. Allow to cool.
7. Using a knife, slice eggs in half lengthways. Decorate with parsley and serve on a bed of watercress or green salad.
Calories 509 Calories from Fat 375
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64%
Saturated Fat 13 g65%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 477.4 mg159.1%
Sodium 594 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.62 g2.5%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 23 g45.8%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 5.4%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet