|Sausage meat||4 Ounce|
|Egg||2 (to coat)|
|Raspings||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (to coat)|
|Fat||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Watercress/Green salad||3 (for serving)|
1. Hard boil eggs and allow to cool; shell.
2. Divide sausage meat in two; place on a lightly floured board and press each piece out to a round about 3 in. wide. Take care not to get flour on upper side of sausage meat.
3. Coat eggs in sausage meat, keeping the floured side outside. Shape neatly.
4. Brush the coated eggs with beaten egg; toss in raspings. Reshape eggs if necessary.
5. In a frying pan, fry eggs gently in deep fat at hazing point, for 5 to 10 minutes, until sausage meat is cooked.
6. Remov eand drain well on absorbent paper. Allow to cool.
7. Using a knife, slice eggs in half lengthways. Decorate with parsley and serve on a bed of watercress or green salad.