Eggs With Cheese Minorcan Style
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), freshly grated|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dry white wine||1⁄5 Cup (3.2 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, heat the butter.
2) Once the butter is hot enough, add the onion and gently cook for a few minutes. Ensure that the onion does not turn brown.
3) Add the parsley, grated cheese and wine and gently simmer till the cheese has melted. This takes about 5 minutes of cooking.
4) Into the mixture, break the eggs and poach them very slowly in the cheese-and-wine sauce till just set.
5) Put the preparation on a serving plate and serve while still hot. Can be served on toasted and buttered bread. Makes a good appetizer.