Eggs In Caul
|Eggs||5 , 4 poached and 1 beaten|
|Pork caul||4 , pieces of each about 6 inches|
|Chopped onions||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Salt anchovies fillet||2 , soaked in water for 30 minutes patted dry and chopped|
|Heavy cream||3 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 425° F (220° C).
2) In a skillet, saute the onions in the butter over a very low heat for about 30 minutes, until soft.
3) Stir in the chopped anchovies, mix thoroughly and remove from the heat.
4) In a bowl, beat the egg yolks and cream together and stir into the onion mixture.
5) Stir continuously and cook over a low heat, until thickened.
6) Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
7) Trim the edges of the poached eggs neatly.
8) Place the caul pieces on a flat surface, brush them with the beaten egg and add a spoonful of the onion mixture on each caul piece.
9) Make a depression in the onion mixture and slip a poached egg upside down into each hollow.
10) Spoon rest of the onion mixture around the eggs and wrap the caul edges on top to seal.
11) On a baking sheet, place the packages with the seam side down and bake in a preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until the caul is golden.
12) Serve the Eggs in Caul, immediately on individual serving plates.