|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), undiluted|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
1. In warm water dissolve yeast and the 1 teaspoon sugar.
2. In another bowl beat eggs until thick.
3. Into a large bowl measure flour and make a well in center.
4. Into it add yeast, eggs and remaining ingredients and beat thoroughly to form soft, smooth dough.
5. With cover let rise until doubled.
6. Following the outer edge of bowl, with a circular motion turn dough and let rise until doubled.
7. In a pan heat fat to 375°f, spoon teaspoonfuls of dough carefully from bowl to keep risen dough from falling, then drop into the fat and fry until brown.
8. Drain on absorbent paper.
9. Shake the doughnuts in a bag with sugar to coat and serve hot.