Parmesan Egg Timbales
|Eggs||7 , 6 beaten|
|Heavy cream/White sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Meat glaze/1/4 cup beef stock, boiled and reduced by 1/2 and cooked||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) In a saucepan, place the beaten eggs along with the butter. Season with salt and pepper and add the cream or white sauce.
3) Over low heat, scramble the eggs. This can also be done over hot water. Use a whisk to stir till the mixture has formed a thick cream but is still not set.
4) Take the eggs off the heat and add 2/3 cup of cheese. Stir in the remaining egg.
5) With this mixture, fill individual greased timbale molds and place them in a roasting pan of hot water.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for about 3 to 4 minutes, or till the eggs have set like a custard.
7) Onto a warmed round serving dish, unmold the eggs.
8) Mix together the tomato sauce and the meat glaze and pour the mixture all over the eggs. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
9) Serve right away on the serving dish. Can also be served on small, individual dishes. Makes a good appetizer.