Baked Stuffed Eggs
|Eggs||8 , hardboiled|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Fresh white bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mixed herbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Gruyere cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, softened|
|Heavy cream||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C).
2) In a small bowl, mix the beaten egg yolks and bread crumbs together.
3) Halve the warm hard-boiled eggs lengthwise and place the hard-boiled yolks in the bread-crumb mixture.
4) Add the herbs, cheese and 2 tablespoons butter into the bread-crumb mixture, and mix thoroughly.
5) Stir in the cream to make a smooth creamy mixture.
6) Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
7) In a suitable buttered gratin dish, spread half of the yolk mixture and stuff the egg whites with rest of the mixture.
8) Place the stuffed eggs over the yolk mixture, dot with rest of the butter and cover with a foil.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 5 to 6 minutes, then bake uncovered for 1 minute until brown on top.
10) Serve the Baked Stuffed Eggs, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 307 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 393.9 mg131.3%
Sodium 292.6 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g0.81%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 17 g33.5%
Vitamin A 18.4% Vitamin C 0.2%
Calcium 29% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet