Hard Boiled Eggs with Potatoes and Shallots
|Eggs||5 , hard boiled, shelled|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, boiled|
|Shallots||3 , finely chopped|
|Wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 300° F (150° C).
2) Peel and slice the potatoes and eggs 1/2 inch thick.
3) In a skillet, cover and saute the shallots in 2 tablespoons butter over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, until soft and golden.
4) In a buttered, shallow ovenproof serving dish, alternately place the sliced eggs and potatoes, cover with foil and keep warm in the oven.
5) When the shallots are cooked, scatter them over the eggs and potatoes and sprinkle with the salt and pepper to taste.
6) In the same skillet, cook rest of the butter until just brown, and pour over the egg mixture.
7) Place the skillet over high heat, bring the vinegar to a boil and pour over the eggs and potatoes.
8) Serve the Hard Boiled Eggs with Potatoes and Shallots, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 427 Calories from Fat 245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.6%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 320.8 mg106.9%
Sodium 203 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 12 g24.1%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 59.4%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet