Eggs Ponce De Leon
|Eggs||6 , hardboiled|
|Onion||1⁄2 , diced|
|Tomato juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green peppers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cracker crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C).
2) Chop the egg whites, mash the egg yolks and keep aside.
3) In a skillet, saute the onion in 1 tablespoon butter, stir in the flour and blend well.
4) Stir in the tomato juice, celery and peppers, and cook over a low heat, until done.
5) Stir in the mushrooms, seasoning and Worcestershire sauce.
6) Then stir in the white sauce, egg yolks and chopped egg whites.
7) In a shallow buttered casserole, turn the mixture, sprinkle with the cracker crumbs and dot with rest of butter.
8) Bake in a preheated oven for about 10 to 15 minutes, until brown.
9) Serve the Eggs Ponce De Leon, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 327 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.1%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 335.7 mg111.9%
Sodium 507.9 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.6%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 14 g27.8%
Vitamin A 25.1% Vitamin C 52%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 12.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet