Cecilia's Omelet, Spanish Style
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, finely chopped (Pared)|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onions||4 , finely chopped (Peeled)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
1. In hot oil in heavy, 9-inch skillet, cook potato and onion, covered, over medium heat 20 to 30 minutes. Stir mixture frequently; it should be soft but not browned.
2. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
3. In medium bowl, with rotary beater, beat eggs with 1/2 cup water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
4. Pour egg mixture over potato and onion in skillet, lifting edge of potato mixture all around, to let egg run under. Do this several times. Cook, covered, over medium heat just until eggs are set. This will take about 8 minutes. Loosen edge with spatula.
5. To serve, place a heated serving platter over top of skillet, and invert omelet onto platter.
6. Serve hot immediately
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2457 Calories from Fat 775
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g134%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.5%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 1691.8 mg563.9%
Sodium 3603.3 mg150.1%
Total Carbohydrates 356 g118.7%
Dietary Fiber 48.6 g194.5%
Sugars 60.2 g
Protein 90 g179.8%
Vitamin A 39.9% Vitamin C 582%
Calcium 62.9% Iron 112.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet