|Tarragon||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Tarragon||1 Teaspoon, freshly chopped (Little Required)|
|Pepper||To Taste, milled|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly milled|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Melted butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Fresh parsley||1 Teaspoon|
1) Finely chop the shallot.
2) In a small saucepan, place the tarragon, a generous seasoning of pepper, chopped shallot and vinegar.
3) Heat the pan gently until vinegar is boiled away, but take care not to burn shallots.
4) Add water to the hot pan and then the egg yolks.
5) Over gentle heat, whisk the egg yolks until the mixture is frothy and thick.
6) Remove the pan from heat and add the melted butter.
7) Season the sauce with salt as per taste and add lemon juice and chopped parsley.
8) If desired, the pan containing the sauce can be kept on a large roasting tin with simmering water to keep the sauce warm until served.
9) Serve this sauce as a steak accompaniment.