|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound (700 Gram)|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly milled|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste (Or Milled)|
|Creamy milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||4 , hardboiled|
|Hard boiled eggs||4|
|For the sauce|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (3 Deciliter)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
1. Peel the potatoes.
2. Preheat oven to 400Â° F.
3. In a saucepan of boiling salted water, add the potatoes and cook until they are fork tender.
4. Drain and let them stand in the steam until they are dry but still warm.
5. Generously season with salt and pepper and add in the butter; mash to mix together.
6. Add a little milk and beat well until smooth and creamy.
7. Into a buttered 1 1/2 or 2-pint (1-liter) baking or pie dish, spread the mashed potato mixture at the base and around the sides to make a nest shape.
8. Keep aside and keep warm; meanwhile prepare the sauce.
9. In a small pan, melt butter and stir in the flour.
10. Cook over low heat for 1 minute.
11. Gradually stir in milk and bring it to a boil; cook with constant stirring until a smooth sauce is achieved.
12. Season well and add half of the grated cheese.
13. Allow the sauce to simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
14. Remove the pan from heat and add the sliced hard-boiled eggs.
15. Add the sauce mixture into the centre of the potato nest.
16. Top it with remaining grated cheese.
17. Place the baking dish, in the centre of a hot oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbling hot and browned.
18. Serve with sliced tomato and cucumber salad tossed in oil and vinegar dressing.
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.6%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 505.5 mg168.5%
Sodium 462.4 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 26 g52%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 55.9%
Calcium 35.8% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet