Savory Baked Eggs
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1/2 Medium)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Small)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Fine dry bread crumbs/Cracker crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Grease 2 ramekin dishes or custard cups with butter or oil.
2. Preheat the oven to 375°F
3. In a skillet, melt the butter or margarine over a medium low flame.
4. Add the pepper, onion and garlic to the butter when is starts to froth and sauté until the vegetables are soft.
5. Spoon the mixture into the ramekin or custard cups
6. Into each cup, break 2 eggs, being careful to keep the yolks intact.
7. Season well with salt and pepper.
8. Combine the cracker crumbs, cheese and beer and spoon this mixture over the eggs.
9. Place cups on a baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake the eggs for about 20 to 25 minutes until eggs are set and topping is golden brown.
10. Place each cup on a side plate with a spoon and serve immediately accompanied with buttered toast triangles if you like.