Make delicious poached eggs every time after learning how from teaching chef Susan Odell. Here she explains how a little bit of vinegar helps make the poached egg perfect!
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Spray a ladle with cooking spray.
2. In a shallow pan, pour water to cover about 1.5 inch, allow to simmer.
3. In a small bowl, crack the egg. Pour the egg into the greased ladle.
4. To the simmering water, add vinegar. Place the ladle in the water, allow some water to seep into the ladle. When the egg begins to cool, turn the egg upside down into the water.
5. Use a spoon to keep the white part in the center. Allow to poach for few minutes. When cooked, transfer to a bowl of cold water. Transfer to a paper towel.
6. In a plate, put some green salad, place the egg over it, serve.
Learn how to poach an egg, with great results every time with this simple poached egg recipe. This is an amazing video to learn how to make a perfectly poached egg. Poached eggs make a very healthy no-fat breakfast and can make an excellent topping for any salad or several other dishes. A fine poach ensures that the egg is all liquidy and soft in the center.