2 Tablespoon (or vegetable oil, peanut oil or olive oil)
1. In a non-stick pan over medium high heat, heat oil to just coat the bottom of the pan.
2. Break the egg over hot oil and let it sizzle.
3. Baste the egg with hot oil from the pan, to help it cook from top.
4. Cook until the egg white is firm, remove the egg with a slotted spoon if you want it to be sunny side up, with the egg white firm and yolk a bit runny.
5. Or you can flip the egg and let the other side cook, try not to break the yolk.
6. Let the other side cook for about 30 seconds.
7. Remove the egg from the pan and place it on a kitchen paper to drain.
Watch and learn. This video prepares one the most loved food...fried eggs. Chef Susan Odell uses canola oil to make a fine sunny side up. This is a common food but needs to be prepared properly to maintain its taste and the right brown texture will point out the doneness.