Sliced Egg Appetizers
|Hard boiled eggs||6|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , seeded and diced|
|Tomatoes||8 , peeled, seeded and diced|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||8 Tablespoon|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Carefully shell the hard boiled eggs.
2. Slice them into evenly thin slices using a knife or an egg slicer if you have one.
3. To make the vinaigrette dressing, in a small bowl, combine wine vinegar, olive oil, generous pinch of coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Use a fork to whisk until well amalgamated.
5. On a flat appetizer platter or hors d'oeuvre tray spoon mayonnaise and spread to an even layer.
6. Arrange the egg slices in two ring rows, slightly overlapping one over the other.
7. Then arrange a ring of cucumber and a ring of tomato.
8. Spoon the vinaigrette dressing over the salad.
9. Serve the platter immediately after garnishing with a generous sprinkling of parsley.