|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded or julienned|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Fat free egg substitute||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Reduced fat cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Whole wheat pita breads||4|
|Alfalfa sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Combine together the carrots, mushrooms and onions in a 4-cup glass measure.
2) Use vented plastic wrap to cover and microwave on high for about 4 minutes or till the vegetables are soft.
3) Use no-stick spray to coat a large non-stick frying pan.
4) Put the pan over moderate heat for about 3 minutes and add the vegetables and margarine. Saute for about 2 minutes to brown the vegetables slightly and to evaporate the excessive liquid from the mushrooms.
5) Add the basil, eggs, thyme and pepper. Let the eggs cook for sometimes. As soon as they start to firm around the edges, push the set part to the center. Continue doing this till the eggs have scrambled but are still moist.
6) Sprinkle the Cheddar all over and spoon the eggs into the pita pockets.
7) Use the spinach or sprouts to top.
8) Separate the onion to form rings and put them in the 9-inch glass pie plate. Add the peppers.
9) Use vented plastic wrap to cover. Microwave on high for about 3 minutes.
10) Use no-stick spray to coat a large non-stick frying pan. Put the pan over moderate heat for about 3 minutes.
11) Add the pork in batches, to avoid any over-crowding, and sauté it for about 3 minutes or till the meat has cooked thoroughly.
12) Put the meat in a plate
13) To the pan, add the onions and peppers and sauté them for about 3 minutes as well.
14) Use the spinach to line the pita pockets and add the pork mixture.
15) Use the tomatoes and some cucumber sauce to top ach sandwich half.
16) Serve as preferred.
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.9%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.9 mg1.6%
Sodium 408.4 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.5%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 12 g24.3%
Vitamin A 119.4% Vitamin C 10.4%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet