Sun Gold Egg Mold
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned chicken broth||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned pimientos||2 (From A 4 Ounce Can)|
|Hard cooked eggs||5 , shelled|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Salad dressing/Imitation mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a small saucepan, soak the gelatin in water until soft.
2. Then place pan on a low flame and heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin dissolves completely.
3. Take pan off the heat and stir in chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce.
4. Place the bowl in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes until it thicken to consistency of egg white.
5. Slice pimiento into 6 one-inch-long strips and chop the remaining and keep separately.
6. Slice 2 hard-cooked eggs lengthwise. Reserve 6 of the largest slices on a plate.
7. Chop remaining slices and other eggs.
8. Take a 4-cup jelly mold and arrange pimiento strips in petal pattern on bottom.
9. Pour 1 cup of the thickened gelatin over pimiento in mold.
10. Press largest egg slices into gelatin around side of mold.
11. Place mold in refrigerator to set the gelatin.
12. In a medium bowl, combine chopped pimiento and eggs, celery, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and salt. Mix well.
13. Fold in remaining thickened gelatin.
14. Pour and spread over the firm gelatin layer in the mold.
15. Return mold to the refrigerator and let set and chill for about 4 hours.
16. To unmold the salad, run a sharp tipped knife around edge, then dip mold for a 2 seconds in hot water and invert onto a serving plate.
17. Serve immediately.
Calories 128 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g13%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 208.1 mg69.4%
Sodium 454.7 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.69 g2.8%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 9 g17.6%
Vitamin A 18.3% Vitamin C 35.8%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet